Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gratitude

“Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” -Margaret Cousins

It seems as though I have been struggling to get this site to look the way I want it to for quite some time. After fussing with another template, I finally gave up and found this one. It turns out I actually really like it so far and hope it works out.

Now that we are a couple weeks into 2010, I guess it's my turn to reflect at the past year and start to set some solid goals for the next.

There is one huge goal in the distance which is a successful race day at Kona in October but I believe that the true accomplishment will be the journey getting to the start line healthy and ready to have a great experience. I have really been trying to work on a lot of things in my life both in sport as well as other areas. A common practice that I follow everyday is to try and list the people and things that I am thankful for and appreciate in my life. This is a huge help during times of frustration and doubt.

As I look forward to 2010, I can't help but be thankful for so much. It has set me up for a great new year where I hope to accomplish even more goals and positive experiences. I would like to especially thank my family, my wonderful new Colorado family, and friends that check up on me from afar. I have a good job where I can encourage teens to do their best and learn life skills. It also lends me to train enough to make my body strong to compete.

2010 here I come! More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment